Last revised on: Oct 29,2018
b. This Policy applies to information we collect
· On the Website, and any other website operated or controlled by us or any third party, including our affiliated companies;
· In email, text, and other electronic messages or communications, in any form, between you and us.
· Information, such as CRM data, files, email/calendar information, and contacts) that BoostUp.ai requires for the operation of the BoostUp.ai service.
· For Google Apps/Gmail users, BoostUp.ai collects email and calendar data for the sole business-related use of the user and BoostUp.ai’s Client. Such information is never provided or disclosed to anyone other than the user and users specifically authorized by the Client.
· Information about your Service activity, for example your log-in and log-out time, the duration of Service sessions, the content uploaded and downloaded, viewed web-pages or specific content on web-pages, activity measures and geo-location
· Recordings : When you participate in a Call, either as an inbound or outbound, we will collect the Recording together with all Personal Data contained therein. This may include, for example, your name, address, email, phone number, credit card information, and any other information you disclose during the associated Call. Recordings will be stored on our servers and Customer Personnel may be able to see it. Through our integration with Third Party Providers, BoostUp.ai will either make the Recordings ourselves or obtain these Recordings directly from the Third Party Provider. In connection with the Services, BoostUp.ai generates transcripts of the Recordings (“Transcripts”) and will generate certain analytics and learning data from such Transcripts. We collect certain metadata associated with the Recording, including information associated with a Third Party Provider account. This may include your name, contact information, dates and time stamps of the associated Call, and other information associated with the Recording.
· Customer Activity Data – BoostUp.ai collects and processes activity data – email, calendar, phone data, address book, customer relationship management (“CRM”) data, etc. – of Customer communications, further referred to as “Customer Activity Data,” on behalf of the Customer, by allowing BoostUp.ai to access your third party services. BoostUp.ai does not receive or store your password for these third party services, relying solely on OAUTH authentication protocols and tokens. You are responsible for adhering to your own companies polices regarding storage, alteration, destruction, sharing and retention of such data.
e. Children Under the Age of 13. The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
We provide data analytics services for speech, email, calendar, CRM data etc. Our services enable our Customers to record, analyze and share for a limited period of time the recordings of phone calls, business emails sent and received to their customers, video calls and online demos, including associated data and documentation. The emails, recordings and our analysis of the data may contain personal information.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
We may collect two basic types of information about Users whenever they use the Service:
(a) “Personal Information” means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit card number, social security number.
(b) “Non-Personal Information” means information that does not directly or indirectly identify an individual, such as data from Cookies, Web Beacons, or Device Data.
The information we collect may include:
a) Information, such as CRM data, files, email/calendar information, and contacts) that BoostUp.ai requires for the operation of the BoostUp.ai service.
b) For Google Apps/Gmail users, BoostUp.ai collects email and calendar data for the sole business-related use of the user and BoostUp.ai’s Client. Such information is never provided or disclosed to anyone other than the user and users specifically authorized by the Client.
c) Recordings : When you participate in a Call, either as an inbound or outbound, we will collect the Recording together with all Personal Data contained therein. This may include, for example, your name, address, email, phone number, credit card information, and any other information you disclose during the associated Call. Recordings will be stored on our servers and Customer Personnel may be able to see it. Through our integration with Third Party Providers, BoostUp.ai will either make the Recordings ourselves or obtain these Recordings directly from the Third Party Provider. In connection with the Services, BoostUp.ai generates transcripts of the Recordings (“Transcripts”) and will generate certain analytics and learning data from such Transcripts. We collect certain metadata associated with the Recording, including information associated with a Third Party Provider account. This may include your name, contact information, dates and time stamps of the associated Call, and other information associated with the Recording.
d) Customer Activity Data – BoostUp.ai collects and processes activity data – email, calendar, phone data, address book, customer relationship management (“CRM”) data, etc. – of Customer communications, further referred to as “Customer Activity Data,” on behalf of the Customer, by allowing BoostUp.ai to access your third party services. BoostUp.ai does not receive or store your password for these third party services, relying solely on OAUTH authentication protocols and tokens. You are responsible for adhering to your own company’s policies regarding storage, alteration, destruction, sharing and retention of such data.
e) Information that you provide to us when you register for an account or subscribe to any periodic information communicated by us, including by electronic mail;
f) Information that you provide to us when you purchase a product or service, including, without limitation, payment card and billing information;
g) Information that you provide to us, such as your name, location, address, phone number, social security number, and email address;
h) Information that you provide to us if you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, rewards program, or other promotions;
i) Information that you provide if you use the Service to upload, share, or communicate any content or information, including photos, images, videos, text, social network accounts, or other Personal Information that you may include about yourself or others;
j) Information that you publicly post via links to social media networks, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms or similar functionality is public information that we, or others, may share or use in accordance with the law;
k) Information that you provide if you email, phone, contact or communicate with us or our third-party service providers for customer support or other communications, including, without limitation, records and copies of correspondence, responses to surveys for research purposes or for any other purpose; and
l) Information that third parties (such as other proprietors) provide to us when you use our services, including information about the purchases you make;
m) Information from and about the devices you use to access our services, including attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names, types, battery and signal strength, device identifiers, device locations, specific geographic locations (such as GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi signals), connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language, time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
n) Traffic and usage information generated from your visit to the Service, including traffic data, logs, pages you visit, your device’s unique device identifier, mobile network, browser information, operating system, IP address, cookie information, the type of device that you use to access the Service, and any other communication data arising from your access and use of the Service;
p) Information from public databases and third parties;
q) When you access or use the Service, or any portion thereof, we may collect physical location information that is sufficiently precise to allow us to locate a specific person or device (“Location Information”). We only collect Location Information with your permission (e.g., such as when you agree to provide it to us after you initially access or use the Service). We may use Location Information to provide you with content and services that are relevant to a particular location, such as advertising, search results, and directions;
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use or access the Service or delete it from your device. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
4. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
a. Automatic Data Collection. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
i. Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
ii. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
b. Directly from You. We collect information you provide to us when you access the Website, our servers log certain ‘traffic/session’ information from your device, such as your user agent and the Internet Protocol (IP) address. When you use the Website, we collect information about your Service activity, for example your log-in and log-out time, the duration of Service sessions, the content uploaded and downloaded, viewed web-pages or specific content on web-pages, activity measures and geo-location.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION.
We may use the information that we collect, including Personal Information, for any of the following purposes:
a. To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Service, and any other information, products or services that you request from us or that we provide;
b. To enable you to access and use the Service, including uploading, downloading, collaborating and sharing content, photos, images, videos and information, with other users or third parties;
c. To process, verify, and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing, collection and enforcement, and to build a user database;
d. To send transactional messages, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and, when we have location information, we use it to tailor our Service for you and others.
e. To send and respond to communications, such as providing you with information about news, updates, services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, events and sending updates;
f. To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Service and for marketing, advertising, administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and other purposes. For example, we may use statistical analyses of usage data in order to measure interest in the various areas of the Service, for development purposes and to inform advertisers and partners in aggregate and anonymous terms about consumers who click on their advertising or other messages. IP addresses are also used for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
g. To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Service, and other illegal activities; and/or
h. To personalize the Service’s content, features or advertisements.
6. DATA RETENTION
We retain different types of information for different periods, depending on the purposes for processing the information, our legitimate business purposes as well as pursuant to legal requirements under the applicable law.
We may need to keep personal information for as long as necessary to support the purposes of processing under this policy and for additional legitimate business purposes, for example, for record keeping, for cyber-security management purposes, legal proceedings and tax issues.
We may keep aggregated non-identifiable information without limitation, and to the extent reasonable we will delete or de-identify potentially identifiable information, when we no longer need to process the information.
In any case, as long as you use the Service, we will keep information about you, unless we are required by law to delete it, or if we decide to remove it at our discretion.
7. SHARING INFORMATION.
b. Authorized Personnel. We share information, including Personal Information, with ou employees, agents, consultants, contractors, or other authorized personnel, including those of our contractors, service providers, subsidiaries and affiliates, each of whom may have access to, disclose and use your information, including Personal Information, for our business.
c. Business Transfers. In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets, or have engaged in discussions with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if the Service or we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, liquidated, or dissolved, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
d. Government, Law Enforcement or Third Parties. We may disclose any information, including, without limitation, Personal Information that we deem necessary, in our sole discretion and without your prior permission, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We also may exchange information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, with other companies and organizations to protect the rights, property, or safety of us and our affiliates, personnel, users, third parties, or others. We reserve the right to disclose a user’s Personal Information if we believe, in good faith, that the user is in violation of the Terms of Service, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order.
· At any time, you may unsubscribe our mailing lists, newsletters or disable your account by sending us an opt-out request to: privacy@BoostUp.ai. However, we may store and continue using or making available certain personal information that is related to you. For further information, please read the Data Retention section in this policy.
· Note that if your personal information is included in content which was provided to the Service by one of our Customers. You may want to contact the Customer who provided that content and request that your personal information is removed.
· At any time, you may choose (opt out) whether your personal information is (i) to be disclosed to a third party, other than to third parties who act as our agents to perform tasks on our behalf and under our instructions, or (ii) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which it was originally collected, pursuant to this policy, or subsequently authorized by you. You may exercise your choice by contacting us at: privacy@BoostUp.ai.
· Some web browsers offer a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal. A DNT signal is a HTTP header field indicating your preference for tracking your activities on the Website or through cross-site user tracking. Our Website does not respond to DNT signals.
To ensure the highest level of security BoostUp.ai applies technical, administrative and organizational security measures to prevent against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Please visit the AWS Compliance website at https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/ for further information.
10. CHILDREN UNDER AGE OF 13.
The Service is not intended for children or directed at any individual under 13 years of Age. We do not knowingly collect or knowingly solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow people under the age of 13 to register for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
11. California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Disclosures.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights.
a. Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content. To make any such requests, please contact us at privacy@BoostUp.ai.
b. Do Not Track Disclosures. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take action to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
12. Users From Other Jurisdictions.
13. Changes to this Privacy Notice.
14. Contact Information.